In the state of Georgia, some cities, like Atlanta, have an active and effective booting ordinance which requires booting companies to be registered with the city and to understand all of the rules of the ordinance. However, as we discovered in Conoley
If you or your driver is on site
If you are in Dekalb County Georgia, know that as of this writing, they do NOT have any ordinance that allows booting by private citizens.
Immediately check to see if the city or county that you are booted in has an active booting ordinance. If they DO, do the following:
- Call the police
- Ask the officer to request:
- Booting Companys' State business registration.
- Booting Companys' State Business License
- Booting Company's County Booting License
- Booting Companys Contract with the property owner.
If you are issued a receipt, insist that your receipt heve pertenat information about the company that is receiving your money.
If the booter can not produce all of these, request of the officer, that the boot be removed at no fee.